21 Health tips for 2021(Health 2.1)
Obesity, diabetes, heart attack, blood pressure, asthma, insomnia, and many other health problems can be easily avoided just by adopting a healthy lifestyle.
A healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean that we eat boiled vegetables without any spices or flavors. A healthy lifestyle means having everything in a balanced manner. It can be any type of spices, oily food, meat, dessert, fast food as long as it is controlled and balanced.
Today, in this article, we will be talking about some health and fitness tips.
So, the following are 21 health tips for 2021:-
- Less Sugar – People always try to cut back on sugar and they should. Excess sugar brings excess calories and especially liquid sugar. Sugary drinks bring more calories to the body than the brain counts because the brain doesn’t measure calories from solid food and liquid food the same way.
- Avoid Junk Food – Everything in balance is fine, even junk food. However, junk food is engineered to trigger the pleasure centers and trick the brain into overeating. And sometimes this overeating can even promote food addiction in some people.
- Less Salt – Children above 11 and adults should take 6g salt a day. Excess consumption of salt can raise blood pressure which can result in heart diseases or stroke. And most importantly we must not add salt to our food after it is cooked.
- Insomnia Remedies – Many people have to deal with insomnia, especially in such a hectic and stressful lifestyle. So, to treat your insomnia you should avoid screens an hour or two before going to bed. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine, or any other chemicals that disrupt sleep. Take a hot shower or bath before going to bed and eat light food at night.
- Eat Fruits and Vegetables – It is recommended to eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruits and vegetables a day. You can use fresh, frozen, canned, dried, or juiced. But don’t drink too much sugary juice and keep the amount you take limited to 80g or 150ml.
- Eat Controlled Portions – As mentioned before we can eat anything as long as it’s controlled. And we also need to be regular. We cannot eat 4 chapatis for lunch and go to bed empty stomach at night. It will just mess up our body and health. So, make sure you are consistent and controlled with food.
- Eat Variety Food – We need multiple nutrients for good health and a single type of food cannot supply them all. So, we need to take different types of food in a day. High fibred breakfast paired with high-fat lunch and low-fat dinner. Eggs for breakfast and meat for lunch.
- Obesity Remedies – Excess weight is a problem for every third person today. To deal with it, you should cut back on junk or fast food and start eating healthy, nutritious, and protein-packed food. Limit your intake of sugar. Drink lots of water as it helps increase metabolism and also drink unsweetened coffee if possible or low sugar coffee.
- Get Enough Sleep – Not getting enough quality sleep can drive insulin resistance, disrupt appetite hormones, and reduce mental and physical performance. It also increases weight and obesity.
- Take Care of Your Mental Health – We always talk about the body and physical health but we more than often forget about mental health. In developing countries like India, mental illness isn’t even a thing. But depression kills more people each year than the novel coronavirus pandemic did so far. To deal with such things, talk to some trusted ones or if you feel like you need a specialist, go and see one and get proper medication.
- Get Regular Check-ups – There are some diseases and infections that might not show early-stage symptoms or if they do, we might overlook or ignore them thinking it’s normal or nothing harmful. In such cases, we need to get regularly checked-up, especially in case of HIV, Hepatitis B, TB (Tuberculosis), or STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases).
- Mental Stress Remedies – To deal with mental stress exercise is an amazing option. It helps fight off the stress. You can also use supplements that reduce stress or anxiety, like lemon balm, green tea, ashwagandha, and kava. Light a fragrance candle (essential oils candle), it helps soothe the mind.
- Do Some Exercise – Doing fat burning exercises, and aerobic (cardio) exercises help not only in burning calories but keeping yourself physically and mentally healthy. These exercises also affect your internals, build your stamina, and make you physically strong.
- Physically Active – Being physically active is underrated. We think doing house chores isn’t going to get us slim and that might be right but they can go a long way in keeping us fit and healthy.
- Stay hydrated – You need to drink lots of fluids. Studies recommend 6-8 glasses of water every day in addition to the fluids we get from our food. All non-alcoholic drinks work but water is preferred, then lower fat milk and lower sugar drinks.
- Get Vaccination – Vaccinations are very important as they stimulate our bodies to protect us against various diseases like cervical cancer, cholera, diphtheria, influenza, measles, mumps, pneumonia, polio, rabies, rubella, hepatitis B, typhoid, and many more diseases. Everyone should get vaccinated especially infants and younger children as their immune systems cannot protect them against many stronger viruses and diseases.
- Avoid Alcohol and Tobacco – Alcohol directly affects our liver and can be a cause of liver cirrhosis, heart diseases, and some cancers. It can also lead to mental and behavioral problems. Whereas, tobacco can cause lung disease, heart disease, and stroke. Tobacco is even more harmful than alcohol as it affects not only direct smokers but also nonsmokers through exposure.
- Not to Skip Breakfast – People think skipping breakfast will help them lose weight. But a healthy breakfast, high in fibers, rich in protein, and nutrients, low in fat, sugar, and salt can help you get good health and fit body.
- Check Blood Pressure Regularly – High blood pressure is also known as a ‘silent killer’, as many people aren’t aware of the problem as it may not have any symptoms. If left uncontrolled it can cause heart disease, brain disease, kidney disease, and other diseases.
- Use Herbs and Spices – There are many incredible, healthy, and tasty herbs and spices that we can use in our food. And in Indian cuisine, we have a special place for herbs and spices. They increase metabolic activities and have anti-inflammatory effects, antioxidants, and many other benefits.
- Don’t Adopt Dieting – Diets work fine in short term but I don’t know many people who can follow diets in the long term. One day we decide to have a cheat food and then BOOM! we are fat again. Instead of going on diets, try switching to a healthy lifestyle.
I hope this helps you in staying fit and healthy. And that you found something in this article that was useful.